Bayou Lafourche is your path to something different. Known as the “Longest Main Street in the World” this 110-mile long waterway travels from its origin at the Mississippi River to its end at the Gulf of Mexico. Along the way in the “Soul of America’s Wetland” you can experience a cultural gumbo and be awed by the disappearing wetlands and haunting swamps.
The Bayou Lafourche Area Convention & Visitors Bureau can provide you with news regarding events, filming locations, new attractions and other tourism-related topics. Please visit our Info section for area background and review our story ideas and film information for more details including contacts. We can also assist with customized itineraries, ground transportation, accommodation assistance, area information and photography.
Please contact us to discuss today.
Complimentary ground transportation can be provided by the bureau’s staff members during the media’s stay in the Bayou Lafourche area.
Knowledgeable guides can be provided courtesy of the bureau to assist in getting around our area.
Complimentary itineraries and special interest appointments with local personalities can be created to meet media needs. Accommodations, meals and attractions are also complimentary.
Color photos and slides can be provided to accompany pieces featuring the Bayou Lafourche area.
Travel Writer/Media Representative Qualifications:
To receive complimentary assistance, writer/media representative must provide credentials upon initial inquiry, including recent work, publications and association memberships.
- Requests for assistance must be made at least 2 weeks prior to arrival.
- Complimentary accommodations will be provided for commissioned work only. Complimentary accommodations are strictly on availability. For non-commissioned work, reduced rates or complimentary stay will be left to the discretion of the individual lodging property managers.
- Costs incurred by family members or traveling companions are not covered by the bureau.
- Deviations or cancellations from planned itineraries must be made 24-hours in advance of scheduled arrival. This includes lodging and special interest appointments with local personalities. If 24-hour notice is not given, writer/media representative is responsible for payment.
- Stories relating to the visit must be provided to the bureau within one month of publication.
- Please click here to provide us with information on your visit.