COVID-19 Destination Updates and Resources
We have compiled the latest destination information, resources, and healthy travel tips to help our resilient community and potential travelers.
[Updated 4.1.2021 at 4:00 PM CT]
Louisiana Governor John Bel Edwards issued a notice on March 30th, that the state of Louisiana will ease some COVID-19 restrictions of Phase 3. The Governor's latest order is place until April 28, 2021.
As of March 30th, the new executive order is in place with the following requirements:
- Statewide mask mandate remains in place
- Keeps requirements for six feet of social distancing in all businesses, as well as other mitigation measures deemed necessary by the Louisiana Department of Health and the State Fire Marshal and posted on OpenSafely.La.gov.
- Removes the limitations on when bars and restaurants may serve alcohol, defaulting to local ordinances. People younger than 21 are still not allowed inside bars and bars are only allowed to provide patrons with socially distanced seated service.
- Restaurants, malls, salons, beauty shops, gyms, fitness centers and casinos will no longer have a capacity limit. Social distancing and mask mandate will remain in place.
- Religious services DO NOT have capacity limits.
- Businesses and venues that host larger gatherings, like receptions halls, will remain capped at 50 percent of their capacity, with a maximum gathering size of not more than 500 people indoors and strict social distancing.
- Outdoor events will be capped at 50 percent capacity and social distancing is also required. Some events may require prior approval by the State Fire Marshal. Please visit OpenSafely.La.gov for more information.
- Indoor and outdoor sporting events may operate at 50% capacity with social distancing and masks required under all circumstances.
To stay up to date on the latest alerts from the Governor's Office you may opt-in to the new text alert system for COVID-19 updates. Residents can opt-in by texting LACOVID to 67283.
We will continue to update our site as new information comes in about the region. The LCBT team remains in contact with our local tourism and hospitality industry partners receiving up-to-date information on the status of their business.
Health and Safety of All Travelers
The number one priority of every travel business is keeping you and your family healthy and safe. Though they may be implemented in different ways, each touchpoint during your trip is applying consistent enhanced cleanliness measures. As residents and travelers, join us and help provide a safe and healthy travel experience for everyone. When we all do our part, we all can Travel Confidently!
Visitor Center Updates
Louisiana’s Cajun Bayou Tourism
Following continued improvement of Louisiana's COVID-19 outlook, the Visitor Center in Raceland is OPEN (Mon-Fri, 9AM-5PM) & (Sat, 9AM-3PM). Masks or face coverings are required for everyone ages 8 and older.
We are dedicated to the safety of all visitors and staff. We have implemented the following sanitation protocol:
- All visitors (8 and older) must wear a mask or face covering inside the visitor center
- Visitor information assistants must wear facial coverings
- Must maintain a six-foot distance from visitors and other staff
- All high touch areas are sanitized after every use
- Restrooms are sanitized after each use
- If you pick-up a brochure, please take it with you or discard it
Have an update you would like to let us know about? Reach out to us at (985) 537-5800. You can also follow and contact us on social media.
For a current listing of restaurants please visit our Places to Dine page.
Under the current Phase 3 order, restaurants in Lafourche Parish no longer have a capacity limit.
For a current listing of our local attractions please visit our Things to See and Do page.
Any closures or changes in operational hours are noted in the listings.
Please see our Calendar of Events page for updated event listings.
Resident & Business Resources
Local updates on COVID-19
General COVID-19 Information
U.S. Travel Association
Louisiana Workforce Commission
Small Business Association
Louisiana Economic Development
Re-opening Louisiana Safely
Travel Confidently Tool Kit for Businesses
When we all do our part, we can all #TravelConfidently. For help with promoting the health and safety practices of your business (including info graphics, social graphics, and other useful tools) please view the U.S. Travel Associations Travel Confidently Tool Kit by clicking here
Recommendations for Louisiana Businesses
As you look to pass accurate information to your workers and make important decisions regarding business operations, a good place to start is with the CDC's recommended business strategies which include:
Actively encourage sick employees to stay home.
Separate sick employees.
Emphasize staying home when sick, respiratory etiquette and hand hygiene by all employees.
Perform routine environmental cleaning.
Advise employees before traveling to take certain steps.
For more information, see below or visit the website of the Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady Health System, for a variety of other resources, fact sheets, and fliers regarding COVID-19 including: