Join Our Team!
Job Title: Sales and Marketing Manager
Reports to: President & CEO
Provide proactive and strategic management and implementation of major marketing, communications and sales initiatives required by Louisiana’s Cajun Bayou Tourism to reach its goals and to fulfill its mission as the destination marketing organization for Lafourche Parish.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
SALES & SERVICES
- Prepare annual sales budget for trade shows/travel for group tours and attend marketplaces.
- Maintain working knowledge of the facilities, attractions and services available in the area to visitors and be prepared to act as a liaison between these entities and clients.
- Attend consumer and travel-professional trade shows and conferences for the purposes of building and maintaining relationships with event organizers, prospecting for new business, pursuing educational opportunities, and raising awareness of and/or distributing destination information regarding the area’s attractions, lodging and other tourism amenities.
- Provide timely follow-up with operators, event organizers and group stakeholders to generate leads for the destination.
- Identify, evaluate and target events available for bid and submit Requests for Proposal (RFP’s) for any events that are deemed a good fit for the destination. Coordinate and conduct site visits as needed.
- Develop relationships with domestic and international tour operators, travel agents, wholesalers, and online travel agency representatives, providing them with destination information and connecting them directly with lodging partners and/or attractions to facilitate business-to-business interaction.
- Develop itineraries as needed by clients and oversee servicing of groups.
- Create and maintain sales files in Customer Relationship Management system (CRM).
- Represent the organization at various community and industry events as appropriate.
MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS
- Collaborate with president and other staff/agencies to develop advertising, collateral and creative materials, execution of projects and website/mobile sites enhancements, which support sales and marketing efforts.
- Manage all CVB social media platforms, website content and newsletters.
- Manage and oversee the development of the annual visitor's guide.
- Assist with management of external vendors such as advertising agencies, photographers, video suppliers and website vendors to complete projects within set deadlines and budgets.
- Assist with development and manage the annual marketing plan, including strategies for advertising, publication, collateral and creative materials, website and mobile site development and enhancements.
- Implement the assigned programs and projects of the marketing plan, according to the established timelines, goals, standards and expectations of quality, integrity and customer service.
- Maintain accurate project records, statistics and data on ROI of marketing programs and provides appropriate information for monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Manage the CVB video and photography library.
- Stay up to date on industry best practices, standards and benchmarks.
- Manage all content related to Louisiana’s Cajun Bayou Tourism on industry related websites, brochures and other collateral.
- Create, implement and evaluate research-driven communications strategy, public relations and community relations campaign.
- Manage strategic corporate communications plans, including writing media plans, press releases, op-eds, newsletters, speeches and talking points.
- Develop/manage media strategies including proactive pitching, media missions, press trips, media visits and interviews.
- Cultivate and manage relationships with traditional and non-traditional media to position Lafourche Parish as a regional and national leisure travel, group, sports and special event destination.
- Track media coverage, communications with members of the media and marketplaces contacts.
- Maintain a working database of travel-industry journalists.
Perform other duties assigned by the President & CEO.
REQUIRED SKILLS & CHARACTERISTICS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility to adjust to changing conditions and circumstances
- Highest ethical standards and professionalism
- Planning and organizing
- Interpersonal and presentation skills
- Must be a team player
- Time management, multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Ability to use research and data for analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, Public Relations, Business Communications or Tourism/Hospitality Management
- Three to five years of Marketing/Communications and/or Sales experience or an equivalent combination of relevant training, education and experience
The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employee must be able to lift and carry 40 pounds. In addition, this position requires travel 10 to 20 percent of the time, including overnights and some weekends.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Competitive benefits package including medical and 457(b).
Please send resume and cover letter to: [email protected]